TfL planning document reveals the transport body’s hopes that all three plans — mobile coverage underground, the fibre network, and 5G support — would help fund the transport system: “Our expectation is that the commercial partner will cover the capital and operating costs of the telecoms operation and would provide a revenue share for us.” It added that mobile operators said no customer data would be “directly available” from the proposed system, though TfL ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on In Pictures: A Walk On The Widened Lines (10:12, 21 July 2018)
- Walthamstow Writer on Friday Reads – 20 July 2018 (01:27, 21 July 2018)
- Frank on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (01:22, 21 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (08:02, 21 July 2018)
- MikeC on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:20, 20 July 2018)