TfL planning document reveals the transport body’s hopes that all three plans — mobile coverage underground, the fibre network, and 5G support — would help fund the transport system: “Our expectation is that the commercial partner will cover the capital and operating costs of the telecoms operation and would provide a revenue share for us.” It added that mobile operators said no customer data would be “directly available” from the proposed system, though TfL ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (13:38, 21 May 2019)
- Graham Feakins on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:17, 21 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (18:18, 20 May 2019)
- Graham H on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (08:20, 20 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)