TfL planning document reveals the transport body’s hopes that all three plans — mobile coverage underground, the fibre network, and 5G support — would help fund the transport system: “Our expectation is that the commercial partner will cover the capital and operating costs of the telecoms operation and would provide a revenue share for us.” It added that mobile operators said no customer data would be “directly available” from the proposed system, though TfL ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 19 October 2018 (00:26, 21 October 2018)
- dm1 on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (23:51, 20 October 2018)
- Graham H on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (21:25, 20 October 2018)
- Aleks on TfL Make Changes To Bus Transfer Tickets (21:07, 20 October 2018)
- ngh on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (17:18, 18 October 2018)