A quarter of a million new homes could be built in London if provisions are made to allow developers to build on top of railway lines, according to a new report. The report, Out of Thin Air, states that modern engineering techniques could be used to construct apartment blocks directly above rail, Overground and Underground lines. Hectares upon hectares of land could be created in even some of the capital’s most densely populated areas the report states. For example, it estimate that a minimum ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ap on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (14:22, 23 February 2018)
- Hayes Cyclist on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (21:41, 22 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)