An electric bus just snagged a world record by driving 1,100 miles on a single charge. The Tesla Model S [car] can cruise for about 550 miles without recharging when pushed to the limit. Proterra just strapped two rooftop batteries on its 18-ton bus and drove the vehicle 1,101.2 miles on a single charge. The Sept 4 feat at Indiana’s Navistar Proving Grounds reportedly clinched the long distance record for any electric vehicle (EV). The previous title was set in 2011 by an experimental one-seat ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Upgrading the Piccadilly: Calling Time on Mind the Gap? (03:23, 23 September 2018)
- Anon E. Mouse (X-Plaistow) on Friday Reads – 21 September 2018 (01:11, 23 September 2018)
- Timbeau on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (21:50, 22 September 2018)
- Aronjit on Upgrading the Piccadilly (20:39, 22 September 2018)
- Bob on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (10:58, 22 September 2018)