Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] • The Art of Mapping London’s Transport Networks (IanVisits) • Why do people respond better some places? (CityMetric) • Bike vs Annual London Travelcard comparison (Cycles) • New Caledonian Sleeper carriages under test (Global Rail News) • Construction begins on $1.6B NYC Moynihan Train Hall ...
Third-party start-ups are trying to take the lost and found process online. In late May, Arriva Trains Wales, supported by the UK’s Rail Delivery Group (RDG), completed a two-month trial with FindMyLost, a nascent lost property business that puts the internet at the heart of reuniting owners with their belongings. As they await the results, FindMyLost CEO and founder Elena Bellacicca explains how the company is now on its way to carving out a niche as the social network of lost property. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- 100andthirty on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (18:32, 20 August 2018)
- Balthazar on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (17:44, 20 August 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (16:20, 20 August 2018)
- Rog (1londonblog) on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (19:19, 19 August 2018)
- Dstock7080 on London Underground: The Forgotten Digital Railway (10:46, 19 August 2018)