The majority of Union Pacific’s (UP) 18,000 bridges are inspected by trained professionals at least twice a year. According to the American Society of Civil Engineers, 40 per cent of bridges in the USA are 50 years old or more and in-person inspections monitor the health of these vital structures across the country’s railway network. Helping to improve monitoring in-between inspections, UP is looking to introduce the widespread use of smart monitoring, a process that has the potential to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Friday Reads – 22 March 2019 (09:20, 25 March 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (19:20, 24 March 2019)
- ngh on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (16:24, 23 March 2019)
- Taz on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (04:11, 23 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)