Canada’s Bombardier and Germany’s Siemens are in the final stages of talks to combine their rail operations, several sources familiar with the matter said on Friday, in a deal that would give the two added heft to compete against Chinese rail giant CRRC. The deal, which would create two separate joint ventures for their signalling and rolling-stock divisions, could be announced as early as August, the sources said… One source said Bombardier and Siemens would have to sell off ...
First, let’s start with what we can all agree on: most contemporary transit advertising in the US sucks. A lot of it is very flat and bureaucratic, unimaginative, and oftentimes with a hokey gimmick. The examples Goffman offers are emblematic of this. Most contemporary transit promotion that I’ve seen falls into three general categories: 1) instructional videos, 2) ads that emphasize the benefits over driving, which often incorporate imagery of stressed drivers and high gas prices, or 3) ads ...
If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] • TfL’s new speed limit map (Mapping London) • South Kensington station refurb (Rail Engineer) • Subway podcast, covering from New York to Delhi (Beeb Radio4) • Oslo Bans Parking instead of banning cars (FastCompany) • How jaywalking was made illegal (Beeb) • Canadian pension fund sells HS1 concession (Int’l Railway Journal) ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Alex McKenna on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (13:16, 23 August 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (11:32, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)