A new digital traffic management system (TMS) that could reduce reactionary delays by up to 15% is to be trialled between London Paddington and Bristol Parkway. Called ‘Luminate’, the innovative system uses computer algorithms to take into account different types of trains running across the network to forecast their onward journey and highlight any potential conflict or delay. When it detects a possible disruption, the system then enables real-time replanning to happen quickly, allowing ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Alex McKenna on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (13:16, 23 August 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (11:32, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)