A new digital traffic management system (TMS) that could reduce reactionary delays by up to 15% is to be trialled between London Paddington and Bristol Parkway. Called ‘Luminate’, the innovative system uses computer algorithms to take into account different types of trains running across the network to forecast their onward journey and highlight any potential conflict or delay. When it detects a possible disruption, the system then enables real-time replanning to happen quickly, allowing ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Bunting on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (06:31, 20 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)