A new digital traffic management system (TMS) that could reduce reactionary delays by up to 15% is to be trialled between London Paddington and Bristol Parkway. Called ‘Luminate’, the innovative system uses computer algorithms to take into account different types of trains running across the network to forecast their onward journey and highlight any potential conflict or delay. When it detects a possible disruption, the system then enables real-time replanning to happen quickly, allowing ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Hanwell Commuter on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (15:47, 18 August 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (11:03, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)