A new digital traffic management system (TMS) that could reduce reactionary delays by up to 15% is to be trialled between London Paddington and Bristol Parkway. Called ‘Luminate’, the innovative system uses computer algorithms to take into account different types of trains running across the network to forecast their onward journey and highlight any potential conflict or delay. When it detects a possible disruption, the system then enables real-time replanning to happen quickly, allowing ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Transforming Oxford Street Part 1: The Bustterfly Effect (20:32, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 16 February 2018 (18:50, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (18:56, 17 February 2018)
- RayK on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (07:02, 17 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on In Pictures: The Northern Line TBMs Arrive (04:15, 17 February 2018)