Last summer the Secretary of State for Transport, Chris Grayling, commissioned a report from an experienced and well-respected railwayman, Chris Gibb. The goal was a framework to enable much-needed improvements to railway services across the Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) franchise. Terms of reference – optional extra Although all of the franchise was to be looked at, it was clear to most people that this was basically a case of asking what could be done in the Southern Railway area as a whole ...
Philadelphia could be first US subway to install platform barriers, to reduce suicides. Read full article
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Leon Daniels on Friday Reads – November 17, 2017 (21:06, 18 November 2017)
- Irate driver on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (20:52, 18 November 2017)
- Chris L on The New London Bridge Station: First Impressions (20:05, 18 November 2017)
- Ben on Friday Reads – November 10, 2017 (18:28, 18 November 2017)
- Pedantic of Purley on The 2017 TfL Fare Changes: Perception and Reality (14:26, 16 November 2017)