“Toronto was supposed to have 121 new streetcars by now. We have received only 35. That’s the crux of the problem with the state of the TTC’s $1-billion contract with Bombardier for 204 low-floor Flexity streetcars to be delivered by 2019. Almost eight years into the deal, Bombardier has repeatedly failed to meet its delivery deadlines, demonstrated quality-control problems that have dragged on for years, and promised that improvements that would double or triple the speed of delivery ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:58, 22 May 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (13:02, 22 May 2019)
- Dstock7080 on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (12:23, 22 May 2019)
- timbeau on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (21:52, 21 May 2019)
- Mikey C on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (20:56, 21 May 2019)