London Reconnections continues its New York podcast series with an episode exploring New York’s buses: the challenges, stepping stone successes and further ideas for improvement. London and New York are both facing declining bus travel speeds, reliability and bus usage. In this episode we explore the challenges to providing high-quality bus services as well as what improvements can be made, such a rationalising the bus routes, improving boarding and alighting and the modernising ticketing that ...
Siemens is launching a Digital Rail Service operation in the US. The business will use intelligent sensors and advanced software platforms to put intelligence behind billions of data points on the country’s rail network. Siemens will be partnering with Atlanta on operational insights for downtown streetcars and Charlotte on a pilot programme for prescriptive maintenance. The new platform will virtually monitor, analyse and predict rail operations to ensure a smarter, safer and reliable system. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Geoff Hines on A Study In Sussex Part 7: East Croydon (10:24, 26 April 2019)
- ngh on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (09:45, 26 April 2019)
- Tim on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (12:35, 25 April 2019)
- RayL on The Surprise Contender: Sutton Tramlink (11:45, 25 April 2019)
- ap on ATO, a Go-go: Signalling the SSR (09:58, 24 April 2019)