“Transport researchers at the German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt; DLR) have published their vision of the ‘freight train of the future’ – the NGT CARGO. This concept has a high level of automation, intelligent handling and high speeds with an aim to make freight transportation more flexible and able to offer higher capacity. And comes following a decade long research project, a response to the displacement of freight traffic from road to rail not ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Leon Daniels on Friday Reads – November 17, 2017 (21:06, 18 November 2017)
- Irate driver on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (20:52, 18 November 2017)
- Chris L on The New London Bridge Station: First Impressions (20:05, 18 November 2017)
- Ben on Friday Reads – November 10, 2017 (18:28, 18 November 2017)
- Pedantic of Purley on The 2017 TfL Fare Changes: Perception and Reality (14:26, 16 November 2017)