“Transport researchers at the German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt; DLR) have published their vision of the ‘freight train of the future’ – the NGT CARGO. This concept has a high level of automation, intelligent handling and high speeds with an aim to make freight transportation more flexible and able to offer higher capacity. And comes following a decade long research project, a response to the displacement of freight traffic from road to rail not ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- 100andthirty on One of the Family: Crossrail’s Transition to Being a Tube (16:48, 27 May 2017)
- Paul III on Site Notice: Things will look weird for a bit (11:24, 27 May 2017)
- John on Friday Reads – May 26, 2017 (07:26, 27 May 2017)
- John on Friday Reads – May 19, 2017 (06:31, 27 May 2017)
- @Fred on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (16:49, 22 May 2017)