“Transport researchers at the German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt; DLR) have published their vision of the ‘freight train of the future’ – the NGT CARGO. This concept has a high level of automation, intelligent handling and high speeds with an aim to make freight transportation more flexible and able to offer higher capacity. And comes following a decade long research project, a response to the displacement of freight traffic from road to rail not ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (22:48, 22 July 2017)
- Anonymous on The Last Stand of the Old Guard? (21:51, 22 July 2017)
- Walthamstow Writer on The Final Result: Crossrail Heads to Terminal 5 (01:08, 22 July 2017)
- Moosealot on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (17:55, 21 July 2017)
- Maidstone Jotter (Ça n'fait rien) on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (14:29, 19 July 2017)