What’s in store for the UK’s big rail fare shake-up “The Department for Transport recently announced far-reaching changes to UK rail fares in an attempt to make it easier for passengers to buy the cheapest tickets. Trials on selected routes are due to start in May and could lead to the most radical overhaul of the fares system in more than 30 years. In February a set of radical changes were jointly announced by the government and key rail industry bodies as a measure to modernise ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on Friday Reads – May 19, 2017 (23:20, 23 May 2017)
- IslandDweller on One of the Family: Crossrail’s Transition to Being a Tube (22:28, 23 May 2017)
- @Fred on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (16:49, 22 May 2017)
- Walthamstow Writer on Upgrading the Piccadilly: Calling Time on Mind the Gap? (09:24, 22 May 2017)
- timbeau on Tanners Hill Flydown – Part 2 (21:09, 21 May 2017)