“Transport for London has awarded the CRRC Shandong subsidiary of Chinese rolling stock conglomerate CRRC a contract to supply wagons to support track renewal and maintenance activities on the London Underground network. The order confirmed by CRRC on March 23 includes 66 open wagons and five flatbed wagons, along with the provision of technical support. It is the first rolling stock contract that CRRC has won from a European metro operator. “In June 2016 TfL approved funding of ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Peter Kay on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (01:30, 23 June 2018)
- Tim Roll-Pickering on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (Part 1): A Brief History of Thameslink (00:33, 23 June 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 22 June 2018 (23:43, 22 June 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Understanding Uber: Breaking Down The London Driver Numbers (14:27, 20 June 2018)
- Gavlar on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (13:50, 20 June 2018)