In June 2015 we reported that Crossrail was well on the path to becoming a functioning railway in the making rather than a construction project nearing completion. The man whose job it is to create this operational railway is Howard Smith, Operations Director at Crossrail. He was brought in early to ensure that the high standards achieved in construction were reflected in the railway operation. As one of the latest TfL Investment and Programmes Committee papers shows, Smith has clearly been ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Transforming Oxford Street Part 1: The Bustterfly Effect (06:42, 20 February 2018)
- James Bunting on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (02:21, 20 February 2018)
- Anon E. Mouse on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (01:33, 20 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The new Walbrook entrance at Bank (19:01, 19 February 2018)
- Graham H on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (13:25, 19 February 2018)