Between our more detailed pieces it is nice, occasionally, to draw breath. Beginning in 1875 cigarette cards became a popular collectable in both the UK and abroad. They often featured illustrations of various modes of transport, with locomotives particularly popular. Occasionally albums of such cigarette cards can still be found in second hand shops and markets, and one such album recently crossed our desks here at LR Towers. Its contents were in good condition and we share a selection of its ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (01:46, 18 February 2018)
- Anon E. Mouse on Transforming Oxford Street Part 1: The Bustterfly Effect (00:54, 18 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (18:56, 17 February 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 16 February 2018 (18:50, 17 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on In Pictures: The Northern Line TBMs Arrive (04:15, 17 February 2018)