Between our more detailed pieces it is nice, occasionally, to draw breath. Beginning in 1875 cigarette cards became a popular collectable in both the UK and abroad. They often featured illustrations of various modes of transport, with locomotives particularly popular. Occasionally albums of such cigarette cards can still be found in second hand shops and markets, and one such album recently crossed our desks here at LR Towers. Its contents were in good condition and we share a selection of its ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (19:34, 20 September 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (19:41, 20 September 2018)
- DONALD MACKINNON on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (11:21, 20 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)
- Malcolm on Crossrail: A Hole New World (16:03, 19 September 2018)