In this part of our ongoing series we look at a critical set of points north of Purley station and what role they might play in a future Brighton Main Line. It is also a convenient time to look at the issue of trying to keep the line open between South Croydon Junction and Coulsdon, with the Christmas engineering works showing what happens when this is not possible. Switching between the fast and slow at Purley There is a set of points north of Purley station that look complicated when viewed on ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- IslandDweller on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (18:16, 26 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 24 May 2019 (16:11, 26 May 2019)
- Margret Thatcher on The Importance of Being Earnest: Making the Case for Crossrail 2 (14:17, 26 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (12:53, 26 May 2019)
- timbeau on In Pictures: Overground Class 710s Enter Service (21:44, 25 May 2019)