In this part of our ongoing series we look at a critical set of points north of Purley station and what role they might play in a future Brighton Main Line. It is also a convenient time to look at the issue of trying to keep the line open between South Croydon Junction and Coulsdon, with the Christmas engineering works showing what happens when this is not possible. Switching between the fast and slow at Purley There is a set of points north of Purley station that look complicated when viewed on ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (Part 1): A Brief History of Thameslink (22:08, 17 June 2018)
- Aleks on Upgrading the Piccadilly (18:02, 17 June 2018)
- B&T on The Cicadas Take Flight: Explaining The May Timetable Changes (11:03, 16 June 2018)
- ROGER FLETCHER on Angels and Errors: How the Harrow & Wealdstone Disaster Helped Shape Modern Britain (10:12, 16 June 2018)
- timbeau on Thameslink The Musical Act 4, Scene 3: The Grayling Letter (23:07, 15 June 2018)