In this part of our ongoing series we look at a critical set of points north of Purley station and what role they might play in a future Brighton Main Line. It is also a convenient time to look at the issue of trying to keep the line open between South Croydon Junction and Coulsdon, with the Christmas engineering works showing what happens when this is not possible. Switching between the fast and slow at Purley There is a set of points north of Purley station that look complicated when viewed on ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Bob on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (19:02, 20 September 2018)
- Balthazar on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (17:06, 20 September 2018)
- DONALD MACKINNON on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (11:21, 20 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)
- Malcolm on Crossrail: A Hole New World (16:03, 19 September 2018)