With print copies now starting to land on subscriber doormats it is time to announce that London Reconnections Magazine Issue 2: Angels and Errors is now available to purchase in our online store. As with Issue 1, it represents a combination of new articles (which will run online at a later date) and best of the web, which this issue includes the cover piece – a look at the 1952 Harrow & Wealdstone rail disaster. Visually, we have been able to liberate a number of photos from the ...
Firstly, our apologies for the relative paucity of articles this month. This was the consequence of a series of rather epic computer failures in LR Towers which have now thankfully been resolved (albeit at the cost of many thousands of words on Crossrail 2, which are now being written again). With electronica now restored, this seems a good time to remind old attendees and new that tomorrow will be the date of our November meetup. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- MiaM on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (04:05, 22 July 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (22:26, 21 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)