Our journey down the Brighton Line has now got as far as South Croydon. Not only do we look at the station but also at the five track section between East Croydon and South Croydon. There we ask whether it is practical to add a sixth track and, if so, consider whether it would be worth doing. Finally, we take a brief look at BML2’s plans for South Croydon. The importance of South Croydon – or otherwise In terms of passenger numbers, South Croydon station is not really that important. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Bunting on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (06:31, 20 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)