Our journey down the Brighton Line has now got as far as South Croydon. Not only do we look at the station but also at the five track section between East Croydon and South Croydon. There we ask whether it is practical to add a sixth track and, if so, consider whether it would be worth doing. Finally, we take a brief look at BML2’s plans for South Croydon. The importance of South Croydon – or otherwise In terms of passenger numbers, South Croydon station is not really that important. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (17:12, 26 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 24 May 2019 (16:11, 26 May 2019)
- Margret Thatcher on The Importance of Being Earnest: Making the Case for Crossrail 2 (14:17, 26 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (12:53, 26 May 2019)
- timbeau on In Pictures: Overground Class 710s Enter Service (21:44, 25 May 2019)