There was a time when your humble Editor worked in the Civil Service. From this period of personal history two clear memories stick out. Firstly that there was once a genuine publication titled Guidance on Guidance, a document of which Sir Humphrey would likely have been proud. Second was the lesson that the more innocuous a committee’s name, the more interesting and important the topics it discussed were likely to be. This second lesson certainly applies to the TfL Finance & Policy ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Friday Reads – 22 March 2019 (09:20, 25 March 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (19:20, 24 March 2019)
- ngh on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (16:24, 23 March 2019)
- Taz on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (04:11, 23 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)