Back in September 2013, following on from the announcement that TfL would take over the West Anglia Franchise, we announced that TfL had also agreed to take on the Romford – Upminster Line as part of the negotiations. Yesterday, alongside details of a new rolling stock order for the Overground, this transfer was finally officially confirmed in a TfL press release. Today Jonathan Fox, Director of TfL London Rail, was kind enough to provide further information about the takeover: During our ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- timbeau on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (16:50, 18 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)
- Rog on London Underground: The Forgotten Digital Railway (11:01, 18 March 2019)
- Aleks on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:54, 15 March 2019)