Of all the new stations on the Crossrail Route it is Canary Wharf that has arguably progressed the fastest. Here work on on the four floor structure itself is effectively complete and fit-out underway, with work on the timber lattice work now underway. The reasons for the station’s speedy progress aren’t entirely rail-related. The upper floors of the station will function as a shopping centre once completed and Canary Wharf Group, under whose contruction arm the station is being ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Anon E. Mouse on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (00:25, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (22:28, 21 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)