TfL have confirmed the launch details for the new Cable Car linking Greenwich and the Royal Docks. We have written about the Cable Car throughout its slightly troubled gestation, and will be returning to the subject in detail next week in line with the launch. In the meantime, however, it is now possible to confirm both operating hours and the initial price point. In terms of launch date, TfL have confirmed that it will open to passengers at midday on Thursday 28th – a date that we will ...
It appears that the weekend just passed was the 100th anniversary of London Bus Route 38 – an anniversary we’re embarrassed to admit we hadn’t spotted was imminent. Luckily Diamond Geezer didn’t, and thus those interested in finding out a bit more about the celebrations on the route yesterday can do so on his site here. If any spotters attended the day’s events and took pictures, please do get in touch and we’ll include a selection here.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Taz on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (19:37, 23 February 2018)
- ap on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (14:22, 23 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)