TfL have confirmed the launch details for the new Cable Car linking Greenwich and the Royal Docks. We have written about the Cable Car throughout its slightly troubled gestation, and will be returning to the subject in detail next week in line with the launch. In the meantime, however, it is now possible to confirm both operating hours and the initial price point. In terms of launch date, TfL have confirmed that it will open to passengers at midday on Thursday 28th – a date that we will ...
It appears that the weekend just passed was the 100th anniversary of London Bus Route 38 – an anniversary we’re embarrassed to admit we hadn’t spotted was imminent. Luckily Diamond Geezer didn’t, and thus those interested in finding out a bit more about the celebrations on the route yesterday can do so on his site here. If any spotters attended the day’s events and took pictures, please do get in touch and we’ll include a selection here.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (00:06, 17 October 2018)
- Verulamius on A Study In Sussex part 13: Norwood Junction (14:28, 16 October 2018)
- ngh on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (12:34, 15 October 2018)
- dm1 on Friday Reads – 12 October 2018 (12:03, 14 October 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 5 October 2018 (14:23, 13 October 2018)