Ahead of the general freeze on rail work in advance of the Olympics, work continues on the ELLX2. New Overground Signage at Canonbury The Overground As part of the track laying process (and as with elsewhere on the ELL), a granite ballast bed was laid to a depth of approx 30cm on top of the compacted earthworks and a protective membrane. This is then evened out by heavy machinery. Laying Ballast A Fine Lining & Sleeper Spacing (FLASS) machine then follows. This takes 14 concrete sleepers ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Garden Bridge Review: Isabel Dedring Transcript (18:16, 16 December 2017)
- Malcolm on The London Reconnections 2017 Christmas Quiz (17:38, 15 December 2017)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – December 15, 2017 (15:27, 15 December 2017)
- ngh on Important Information About LR December Drinks! (09:54, 14 December 2017)
- Walthamstow Writer on Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail (21:14, 13 December 2017)