For almost eight months now, for travellers on the Northern Line’s Charing Cross branch, the next station from Goodge Street has been Leicester Square and from Leicester Square, Goodge Street. Today the Northern line platforms at Tottenham Court Road, which have been closed since 2nd April 2011, reopen. Anyone who takes a quick glance at the platforms looking for changes will likely be thoroughly disappointed, as at first glance nothing much seems to have gone on – although half of the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ben on Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services (14:28, 23 July 2018)
- The Orange One on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (12:57, 23 July 2018)
- Twopenny Tube on Friday Reads – 13 July 2018 (12:54, 23 July 2018)
- 1956 on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (12:50, 23 July 2018)
- NST on The Waterloo Link (10:37, 23 July 2018)