TfL have confirmed that the changes they proposed to make to Olympia services will definitely come into force in December. After pressure from various groups over the decision, TfL had (somewhat reluctantly) agreed to carry out a public consultation on the changes before making this official. They have now announced the results of that consultation, which saw 80% of respondents favour the change. From December, Kensington (Olympia) services will be withdrawn from the District Line on weekdays. ...
Peter Hendy’s Commissioner’s Report for September 2011 to the TfL Board demonstrates yet again the resilience and tenacity of the people who make London’s transport work. Comment from us would be superfluous so we quote unabridged from his report. IMPACT OF THE AUGUST 2011 CIVIL DISTURBANCE AND TFL’S RESPONSE London saw some of the worst civil disturbances in living memory during a four day period in August, which caused significant damage at several locations across the Capital. The ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Herned on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (22:58, 15 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (08:42, 15 June 2019)
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 10 June 2019 (07:59, 15 June 2019)
- Taz on Upgrading the Piccadilly (05:31, 15 June 2019)
- Ben on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (20:07, 14 June 2019)