TfL have confirmed that the changes they proposed to make to Olympia services will definitely come into force in December. After pressure from various groups over the decision, TfL had (somewhat reluctantly) agreed to carry out a public consultation on the changes before making this official. They have now announced the results of that consultation, which saw 80% of respondents favour the change. From December, Kensington (Olympia) services will be withdrawn from the District Line on weekdays. ...
Peter Hendy’s Commissioner’s Report for September 2011 to the TfL Board demonstrates yet again the resilience and tenacity of the people who make London’s transport work. Comment from us would be superfluous so we quote unabridged from his report. IMPACT OF THE AUGUST 2011 CIVIL DISTURBANCE AND TFL’S RESPONSE London saw some of the worst civil disturbances in living memory during a four day period in August, which caused significant damage at several locations across the Capital. The ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Matthew Dickinson on Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail (20:00, 10 December 2017)
- RogerB on In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? (19:13, 10 December 2017)
- Latecomer on Friday Reads – December 8, 2017 (15:59, 10 December 2017)
- ngh on Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services (12:47, 9 December 2017)
- Greg Tingey on Garden Bridge Review: Clive Walker Transcript (09:25, 8 December 2017)
8 December, 2017
7 December, 2017
6 December, 2017
5 December, 2017
4 December, 2017
1 December, 2017
30 November, 2017
- Original Birmingham tram fleet auction (Transport for West Midlands) on
- Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail on
- In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? on
- Friday Reads – December 8, 2017 on
- Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services on