Sources indicate that the Stratford International Extension to the DLR now has a fixed opening date – the 29th August. The opening of the extension has been delayed for some time now – an uncharacteristic event for a DLR project, which have traditionally been the more punctual of London’s Transport projects. Here, however, issues ranging from site thefts to the financial failure of a key signalling supplier have conspired to put back the opening date. To a certain extent, this ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (10:37, 23 February 2018)
- Hayes Cyclist on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (21:41, 22 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)