The Jubilee line upgrade is now essentially complete, after nearly six years of constant weekend closures. Although there is one more scheduled weekend closure on 4/5 September between West Hampstead and Stanmore to finish off some signalling work, the benefits of the upgrade can be already noticed. End to end journey times on the line between Stanmore and Stratford have decreased by four minutes, from 64 to 60, a reduction of 6.25%, although Transport for London had indicated journey times ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- asl on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (21:13, 24 April 2019)
- 100andthirty on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (13:53, 24 April 2019)
- ap on ATO, a Go-go: Signalling the SSR (09:58, 24 April 2019)
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (11:24, 23 April 2019)
- Malcolm on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 April 2019 (21:19, 22 April 2019)