Blackfriars closed over Christmas for an extended blockade. This was to allow the through tracks from City Thameslink to London Bridge to be slewed from the west to the east side of Saint Pauls Bridge ,eliminating the conflicting movements between trains going to and coming from the direction of Herne Hill and Elephant and Castle and the spur over Borough Market to London Bridge. On the last day of public operation prior to the closure James Robinson went mud larking on the banks of the Thames ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- 100andthirty on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (13:58, 24 April 2019)
- 100andthirty on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (13:53, 24 April 2019)
- ap on ATO, a Go-go: Signalling the SSR (09:58, 24 April 2019)
- Graham H on Stretching the Line: Why We Do (and Don’t) Extend Tube Lines (11:24, 23 April 2019)
- Malcolm on Monday’s Friday Reads – 22 April 2019 (21:19, 22 April 2019)