Blackfriars closed over Christmas for an extended blockade. This was to allow the through tracks from City Thameslink to London Bridge to be slewed from the west to the east side of Saint Pauls Bridge ,eliminating the conflicting movements between trains going to and coming from the direction of Herne Hill and Elephant and Castle and the spur over Borough Market to London Bridge. On the last day of public operation prior to the closure James Robinson went mud larking on the banks of the Thames ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Snowy on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (16:08, 21 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (14:35, 21 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)