Blackfriars closed over Christmas for an extended blockade. This was to allow the through tracks from City Thameslink to London Bridge to be slewed from the west to the east side of Saint Pauls Bridge ,eliminating the conflicting movements between trains going to and coming from the direction of Herne Hill and Elephant and Castle and the spur over Borough Market to London Bridge. On the last day of public operation prior to the closure James Robinson went mud larking on the banks of the Thames ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Herned on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (22:58, 15 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (08:42, 15 June 2019)
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 10 June 2019 (07:59, 15 June 2019)
- Taz on Upgrading the Piccadilly (05:31, 15 June 2019)
- Ben on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (20:07, 14 June 2019)