The DfT have announced that they have concluded a deal with SWT that will see the operator sell Oyster services from May 2011. The money to furnish the necessary changes will come from the funds SWT are required to commit towards station improvements. SWT currently stand as the only London operator not to offer Oyster products (except at Wimbledon and Richmond) and have, historically, been seen by many as one of the major opponents of the smartcard scheme. Sources suggest that they were one of ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- anthony collyer on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:59, 17 August 2019)
- Simon Colenutt on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (07:08, 17 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (22:31, 16 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)