Surrey County Council have agreed, in principle, a package of works that would see the local authority end its formal opposition to the Heathrow Airtrack scheme. Although the Council have always agreed with the scheme in principle, they are one of several parties to have registered their opposition to Airtrack. In Surrey’s case, this was largely due to the negative impact the increased rail traffic would have on a number of key roads in the Egham area – roads where long closure times ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mackay on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (09:59, 18 March 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (09:40, 18 March 2018)
- 100andthirty on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (08:05, 18 March 2018)
- answer=42 on Garden Bridge Review: National Audit Office Transcript (19:03, 16 March 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 16 March 2018 (17:55, 16 March 2018)