Surrey County Council have agreed, in principle, a package of works that would see the local authority end its formal opposition to the Heathrow Airtrack scheme. Although the Council have always agreed with the scheme in principle, they are one of several parties to have registered their opposition to Airtrack. In Surrey’s case, this was largely due to the negative impact the increased rail traffic would have on a number of key roads in the Egham area – roads where long closure times ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (21:22, 15 July 2018)
- Balthazar on Friday Reads – 13 July 2018 (19:17, 15 July 2018)
- Ronnie MB on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (18:14, 15 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 6 July 2018 (15:20, 14 July 2018)
- 100andthirty on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (12:38, 9 July 2018)