Recent weeks have seen both the S-Stock and 172s debut on Underground and Overground. Below is a brief photographic look at both.S-Stock The first of the new S Stock trains is now in service, running about four times a day from Wembley Park to Watford and back. The current rollout plan holds that there should be a new train every seven days, completing the 53 train rollout in just over a year. The S-Stock will fully replace the fifty-one year old A Stock on the Metropolitan line, and will be ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- anthony collyer on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:59, 17 August 2019)
- Simon Colenutt on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (07:08, 17 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (22:31, 16 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)