The photos below, taken earlier this month, give a quick insight into the state of play at Farringdon. The first two give a good view of the the temporary roadway down from Charterhouse Street over the ex-Thameslink Moorgate line (to allow lorries to take materials down to trackside and remove spoil). The third shows the piling now underway both for the extended platforms and the integrated ticket office. Both the elevated shots were taken from roof level on Cowcross Street. Thanks to G Cole for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Anon E. Mouse on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (00:25, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (22:28, 21 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)