ELL “live test” passenger operations have been delayed until next week, with Monday 19th or Tuesday 20th the likely start dates. There is little information as of yet to why the opening has been delayed, but sources suggest that it is to allow a camera-related software fault on the 378s to be fixed and tested.
The Evening Standard reports that Mayor Johnson has now officially dropped his commitment to running the Tube later on Fridays and weekends, citing the ongoing upgrade works and union difficulties: “We are going through a laborious process of upgrading the Tube and it isn’t possible to do it at the moment,” [The Mayor] said. “It is very difficult to deliver it now when we are in the middle of incredibly important upgrades of the Tube. I think that that most people would ...
We have previously reported on the tangled political blame storm that has enmeshed the London Brighton and South Coast Railway’s South London Line. A “who said what?” row broke out between the Mayor of London and the DfT’s then Rail Minister, Sadiq Khan, during the Summer of 2009. A study group was set up in November 2009 to evaluate options. They were expected to report in the Spring of 2010. Lindsay Burns writing in South London Press Today reports that campaigners ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- AlanBG on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (13:40, 19 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)
- Greg Tingey on West London Line cocooned by Earls Court development (09:39, 19 May 2019)
- rational plan on Monday’s Friday Reads – 13 May 2019 (15:21, 18 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 17 May 2019 (07:42, 18 May 2019)