This week saw the East London Line reach an important milestone – its official handover from the Balfour Beatty Carillion Joint Venture to TfL which was completed yesterday. This means that the Line is now entering its final stages of development, focusing on the training and testing of both train and station staff and fixtures and fittings work. In terms of launch dates, the 23rd May has long been seen as the most likely “full” opening date as this coincides with the National ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (03:04, 24 January 2018)
- James on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (00:23, 24 January 2018)
- Martin on 2017 Quiz Answers (16:51, 23 January 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: Finishing The Job (16:47, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)