Network Rail have released an interesting Time-lapse video showing the new eastern section of bridge at Blackfriars being slid into place. The replaced bridge is at the north end of the station, immediately past the original end of the platforms, but would normally have been hidden behind the now demolished buildings on the corner of Queen Victoria St and Blackfriars bridge. The slide was originally planned to take place toward the end of November, but was delayed until Christmas when it was ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (20:46, 25 April 2018)
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (17:38, 25 April 2018)
- ngh on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (13:52, 25 April 2018)
- ngh on The Kent Route Study (Part 2): Crossrail to Gravesend (08:44, 25 April 2018)
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (21:25, 22 April 2018)