Network Rail have released an interesting Time-lapse video showing the new eastern section of bridge at Blackfriars being slid into place. The replaced bridge is at the north end of the station, immediately past the original end of the platforms, but would normally have been hidden behind the now demolished buildings on the corner of Queen Victoria St and Blackfriars bridge. The slide was originally planned to take place toward the end of November, but was delayed until Christmas when it was ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Anon E. Mouse on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (00:25, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (22:28, 21 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)