This is just a short announcement to let you all know that London Reconnections may be a little post-light for the next two weeks. This is because summer holiday time is upon us, and Mrs Bull has a desire to see Croatia – a place that I’m shocked to discover is actually outside the M25 (apparently there’s a whole world out there). Rest assured that LR will not be entirely quiet – both Mwmbwls and Totteridge will be on hand should events require. Regards, John Bull
I can confirm this because I am currrently on it.
[Below are the noteworthy extractions from the Commissioner’s Report – MWM] Touting Since 1 August 2008, licensed private hire drivers convicted of taxi touting lose their licence for a minimum of one year. Their fitness to hold a licence will then be re-assessed by TfL if and when they reapply. The Cab Enforcement Unit made 1,230 arrests for touting between 1 August 2008 and 28 February 2010. To date, this has led to 344 Magistrates’ Court convictions involving licensed ...
[Below are the noteworthy extractions from the Commissioner’s Report – MWM] Electric Vehicles On 25 February, £9.3m from the DfT’s ‘Plugged-in Places’ fund was announced for London. This funding, coupled with £5.6m from TfL and a £7.6m pledge from a consortium of public and private partners, will deliver a network of around 7,500 charging points by spring 2013, with 1,600 charging points to be installed over the next twelve months. This will contribute to the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)