Mike Brown, London Underground’s new MD gave his first full interview on Friday to the Financial Times. It was an interview that did not contain much in the way of good news for those interested in the ongoing process of upgrading the Underground. Speaking on the subject of upgrades, Brown confirmed the following:Northern Line Upgrades This will not be completed on time. This isn’t entirely surprising given how far behind Tube Lines had fallen with the the work, and was heralded, ...
[Below are the noteworthy extractions from the Commissioner’s Report – MWM] Visit by H.M. the Queen On 24 February, Richard Parry, Managing Director of London Underground (LU) hosted a visit by Her Majesty the Queen to Aldgate station. The Queen was visiting a number of locations in the City of London, to meet the people who play a key role in ensuring the success of the City.The Queen met with 40 LU employees, including station staff, train operators, maintenance staff, service ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (22:50, 15 October 2019)
- quinlet on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (22:39, 15 October 2019)
- William Barter on The Waterloo Link (20:46, 15 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)