Once synonymous with Kings, Castles, Halls and Manors and now home to the dedicated Heathrow services, Old Oak Common is now the pivotal interchange in many of London’s rail plans. Our thanks and copyright acknowledgements to our chum Loose Grip 99 for this scene that looks destined to change. Andrea Klettner writing in Building Design and Greg Burns writing in the Fulham Chronicle report that Terry Farrell and Partners, the architects behind the controversial new Earl’s Court estate plans ...
On Thursday 17th June, the new Ministerial team at the DfT faced their first parliamentary question time. Falling in the midst of spending review and budget statements there were several holding answers. A number of questions of local interest came up, however. Our comments are in italics. Dartford Crossing 2. Mr John Whittingdale (Maldon) (Con): If he will take steps to reduce congestion at the Dartford crossing.  The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport (Mike Penning): ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on 55 Broadway’s Future Under Review (21:21, 18 September 2019)
- Ralph on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (19:09, 18 September 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 16 September 2019 (17:45, 18 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:29, 16 September 2019)
- Paul S on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (16:06, 16 September 2019)