It may not have attracted the attention of most London Reconnections readers but recently a new rail franchise that serves London was announced – one with a start date of 1st April 2015. This is the new Caledonian Sleeper which is being split from the main Scotrail passenger franchise and will be delivered as a dedicated stand-alone franchise for the first time. The new franchise is specified by Transport Scotland, an arms length agency of the Scottish Government who are responsible for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (10:15, 24 September 2019)
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (08:37, 24 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)