News on progress of existing TfL schemes has been in short supply during most of 2019. As if to make up for this, the 23rd October meeting of the Programmes & Investment Committee provided not only comprehensive background papers on a range of subjects but also a very informative discussion of the issues raised. We hope to try and cover most of the major areas where we have updates of what is happening and, to that end, we kick off with Crossrail using information gained from the above ...
Managing Plug-In EVs in Grid Services: Global Market Analysis and Forecasts The plug-in EV (PEV) industry is interested in vehicle grid integration (VGI) potential. The technology enables direct control of PEV charging, and in some cases, discharging. This capability has many potential uses. The most attractive have been to aggregate PEVs in grid service markets to protect distribution grids, integrate renewables generation, and decrease PEV owner energy costs. Decarbonization drives VGI. This ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Monday’s Friday Reads – 18 November 2019 (14:49, 18 November 2019)
- timbeau on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (09:28, 18 November 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (09:27, 18 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Friday Reads – 15 November 2019 (16:03, 16 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Monday’s Friday Reads – 13 November 2019 (15:51, 16 November 2019)