All five TBMs are now underground and at work excavating the 15.5km City and Southwest extension to the Sydney Metro in Australia. Supplied by Herrenknecht, the five machines include four double-shield TBMs, and a multi-mode machine for excavation under Sydney Harbour, a route that will require boring through a section of Harbour sediment. The specialised machine was the last to begin work, departing from its Barangaroo launch site on the south side of the Harbour in early August 2019. In ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ivan on Monday’s Friday Reads – 18 November 2019 (10:28, 18 November 2019)
- timbeau on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (09:28, 18 November 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (09:27, 18 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Friday Reads – 15 November 2019 (16:03, 16 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Monday’s Friday Reads – 13 November 2019 (15:51, 16 November 2019)