Since the early 1990s, Europe’s political leaders have sought to standardise and integrate the transport network – including air, road and rail. A decade later, regulations had been drafted, amended and implemented with member states beginning work on interoperability. Here is a look at the significant events of the past two decades and how they have impacted on the European Union’s passenger and freight networks. 1991-1998: First Railway Directive The European Economic Community (EEC) ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Monday’s Friday Reads – 16 September 2019 (01:47, 17 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:29, 16 September 2019)
- Paul S on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (16:06, 16 September 2019)
- Eric on Monday’s Friday Reads – 9 September 2019 (08:31, 16 September 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 6 September 2019 (08:36, 12 September 2019)