• NYC new farecard decades behind London’s Oyster (NYPost) • E-scooters pulled from Miami streets to avoid ‘Scooternado’ (Gizmodo) • Toronto Green Line parkway proposal (UrbanToronto) • Freight trains could help predict earthquakes/ (PhysicsWorld) • First US telecommuting tax credit? (Curbed) • Amazon Next-Day Delivery brings chaos & carnage to streets (BuzzFeed) • New Kolkata East West Metro line about to open (Railway-Technology) How Uber operates in London ...
Tailseal failure on the EPBM [earth pressure balance machine] operating on a running tunnel drive for the Kolkata Metro is reported to be the cause of an uncontrollable inrush of water and material that led to major damage and collapse of buildings. Having started in the evening of Saturday 2 September, the inrush took until end of Sunday 3 September to control, with residents evacuated from dangerously damaged and collapsing homes and businesses in the central Bowbazar area. The incident ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Monday’s Friday Reads – 16 September 2019 (01:47, 17 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:29, 16 September 2019)
- Paul S on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (16:06, 16 September 2019)
- Eric on Monday’s Friday Reads – 9 September 2019 (08:31, 16 September 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 6 September 2019 (08:36, 12 September 2019)