Parisians with powerful cars might want to think carefully before showing off their rides. Parts of the city (most recently the suburb of Villeneuve-le-Roi) are testing a ‘noise radar’ system from Bruitparif that can pinpoint loud vehicles and, eventually, ticket them. The system uses four microphones to triangulate the origins of a sound and link it with CCTV footage to pinpoint whoever’s making the racket. Just shy of 40 of the devices are in use so far, primarily near bars ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JC on Crossrail: Progressing but slipping (21:40, 12 November 2019)
- AlisonW on Friday Reads – 22 November 2019 (21:18, 8 November 2019)
- Neil on The Rise and Fall of a Vision: Wrightbus Enters Administration (11:02, 8 November 2019)
- Aleks on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:11, 8 November 2019)
- Littlejohn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 4 November 2019 (14:29, 7 November 2019)