Disability rights advocates say transportation giants Lyft and Uber are not doing enough to ensure equal transportation access as required under federal law. Uber and Lyft transformed how people get around cities, but the ride-sharing revolution hasn’t included everyone. Many people with a disability who use wheelchairs say Lyft and Uber have substandard or non-existent service for them. Disability rights advocates say they see a pattern of exclusion that violates federal law. As ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Monday’s Friday Reads – 16 September 2019 (01:47, 17 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:29, 16 September 2019)
- Paul S on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (16:06, 16 September 2019)
- Eric on Monday’s Friday Reads – 9 September 2019 (08:31, 16 September 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 6 September 2019 (08:36, 12 September 2019)