Downer has partnered with the University of Technology Sydney, in collaboration with the Rail Manufacturing Cooperative Research Centre, to develop Dwell Track. This technology is an infrared digital imaging system that aims to optimise customer flow and safety on platforms. Wynyard Station was the first to get the new technology. The Dwell Track trial at Wynyard Station comprises 16 infrared and digital devices. They detect movement without identifying passengers. “Precise mapping of crowd ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- NickBxn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 21 October 2019 (00:41, 22 October 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (15:43, 21 October 2019)
- quinlet on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (09:16, 21 October 2019)
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (09:14, 21 October 2019)
- James Bunting on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (18:09, 19 October 2019)