The Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon (TriMet) will install 12 small wind turbines on top of poles on the Tilikum Crossing bridge next week to complete one of the final elements of the MAX light-rail Orange Line construction. The $350,000 turbines will generate electricity to be stored in batteries that power lights at night, according to a TriMet press release. Once installed, tested and activated, Portland State University’s Mechanical Engineering School which will ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)
- Mike Jones on Friday Reads – 11 October 2019 (11:20, 13 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Understanding Uber: It’s Not About The App (13:46, 11 October 2019)
- Anita Irwin on Angels and Errors: How the Harrow & Wealdstone Disaster Helped Shape Modern Britain (10:04, 11 October 2019)