The Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon (TriMet) will install 12 small wind turbines on top of poles on the Tilikum Crossing bridge next week to complete one of the final elements of the MAX light-rail Orange Line construction. The $350,000 turbines will generate electricity to be stored in batteries that power lights at night, according to a TriMet press release. Once installed, tested and activated, Portland State University’s Mechanical Engineering School which will ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Taz on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (01:04, 19 October 2019)
- Paul on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (19:12, 18 October 2019)
- Aleks on The Waterloo Link (18:56, 18 October 2019)
- 100andthirty on Friday Reads – 18 October 2019 (17:31, 18 October 2019)
- Littlejohn on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (14:55, 17 October 2019)