Starting via Crossrail 1 If Crossrail 1 is currently symbolised by ‘not on time, not on budget’, then how much does this tarnish, delay or otherwise impede progress with further rail schemes, particularly Crossrail 2? What other lions and elephant traps lie in the path of CR2? Does that scheme actually have a pathway? Is its current context happier than some navigational cairns on a inter-stellar journey to Planet Treasury? These articles aim to describe such matters. We should start by ...
In covering industry developments, we at LR Towers come across new words and concepts every week. Some are technologies just starting to emerge and may be years from service, or may not immediately appear to be relevant to transport, but we sometimes provide a brief explanation as to why we believe they are. This is the second of a new feature which aims to explain the latest in transport acronyms, abbreviations and concepts quickly, as well as provide some relevance. BEMU stands for battery ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JC on Crossrail: Progressing but slipping (21:40, 12 November 2019)
- AlisonW on Friday Reads – 22 November 2019 (21:18, 8 November 2019)
- Neil on The Rise and Fall of a Vision: Wrightbus Enters Administration (11:02, 8 November 2019)
- Aleks on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:11, 8 November 2019)
- Littlejohn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 4 November 2019 (14:29, 7 November 2019)