• Updated Legible London mono- & mini-liths for the City (CityWayfinding) • Crossrail Place at Canary Wharf Crossrail (BeautyOfTransport) • New ideas for old Paris infrastructure (CityLab) • Cyclists break far fewer road rules than motorists (Forbes) • Connecticut’s new road tolls to fund transit (StreetsBlog) • NYC could extend subway to New Jersey (Bloomberg) • Importance of radial urban rail (PedObservations) How Uber operates in London and why it is being banned On ...
Driverless ferries are being tested in Trondheim in Norway that can ‘see’ kayakers and boats, and could eventually be a substitute for footbridges. The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has built and tested a prototype of the electric ferry and they now plan to refine its anti-collision properties and teach it situational awareness. NTNU has been working with autonomous vessel management systems for years, but training a computer to predict movements and to read complex ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- HTFB on Monday’s Friday Reads – 13 November 2019 (22:37, 13 November 2019)
- B&T on Crossrail: Progressing but slipping (20:00, 13 November 2019)
- Dstock7080 on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (15:50, 13 November 2019)
- AlisonW on Friday Reads – 22 November 2019 (21:18, 8 November 2019)
- Neil on The Rise and Fall of a Vision: Wrightbus Enters Administration (11:02, 8 November 2019)