Much has been written and said in recent times about efforts to improve the throughput of trains on metro and inner suburban railways. Using CBTC [communications-based train control] has enabled 36 trains per hour (tph) to be achieved in each direction on London Underground’s Victoria Line. A dramatic improvement to passenger comfort has resulted and much of the severe overcrowding has been eliminated. Similar predictions are made for other LU Lines and also the full Thameslink and Crossrail ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (18:50, 22 September 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (17:34, 22 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)
- Reynolds953 on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (14:50, 21 September 2019)